Monday, June 19, 2006

A note from The Rev. "The Bob" Hughes concerning our new P.B.

forwarded to me from tstudent

Dear all, please forgive me for cluttering up your mailbox with a duplicate, if I have. While I could have been happy with any of the candidates, especially those with a "Sewanee Connection," it has been my privilege to get to know our new PB as we have served together on the General Board of Examining Chaplains. She is a strong, independent woman, flies her own plane. But she is also deeply prayerful and thoughtful, and I expect she will bring a firm but pastorally reconciling touch to the office. She will be theologically astute, for sure! It will be interesting to reflect in years to come how much of a sea change this has been for the church, and of what kind, but I believe God is with us and we are in good hands. Bob

Editor's note: I'm wondering how that reconciling will go with those with whom she is theologically incompatable. I'm wondering if she will be accepted as a member of the Communion Primates. I'm wondering when I can get off of this bus.

2 comments:

Jonathan said...

Dave,

I responded to Bob and all of TStudent. I'm so sick of his flag waiving that is completely unrelated to the real world.

Some day, when he stops posting "his whereabouts" and smells his tenour slipping down the tubes, maybe he'll fingure out what is really going on.

until then, more of oddball insanity should be expected.

Jonathan said...

Dave,

I responded to Bob and all of TStudent. I'm so sick of his flag waiving that is completely unrelated to the real world.

Some day, when he stops posting "his whereabouts" and smells his tenour slipping down the tubes, maybe he'll fingure out what is really going on.

until then, more of oddball insanity should be expected.