Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Ash Wednesday 2010

Please read the readings for today...
Click Here

The overall heavenly theme of all that I am reading today is that I belong to God. You belong to God. You are not the King and I am not the King. It is He that has made us and not we ourselves.

I'm not sure about you but I have difficulty with this one. Many times the state of my relationship with the Lord is established by me declaring my needs and wants and my goals and agenda.

Today's verses call us to live lives with proper perspective. That Jesus is Lord and we need Him, not the other way around. This brings me great relief in that I have a savior, I have a God, I have a redeemer and I don't have to spend the energy that I usually do being those things.

That is mercy on a heavenly scale. That is love that I can't match but can allow to pass through me to others. That is grace that saves my life.

May the Lord Bless you and Keep you.

David+

No comments: