Wednesday, April 01, 2009

The Reverend Marion Hatchet (Prayer Request)

These are two notes from my Facebook email. Just passing on the sad news.

Dear friends,

I understand that The Reverend Doctor Marion J. Hatchett is in the hospital, and may very well be in his last hours in this life. Please keep him in your prayers.

For those of you still at the School of Theology, please feel free to pass along updates as you are able.

Prayerfully,

Sean+

The Rev. Sean Ferrell, Rector
Saint Luke's Episcopal Church
Jackson, Tennessee

SOT alum Jim Pappas writes,

Joe Ballard, who is the rector of Otey Parish, gave Marion Last Rites this morning at about 6 a.m. I spoke with Joe just before 2, and Marion was still with us, but his blood pressure has been steadily dropping all day. The doctor says there is nothing he can do. And so we wait.

I will send further updates as I receive them.

Sean+


2 comments:

Tregonsee said...

Thanks for posting that. As it happens, I have been rereading his history of the BCP recently.

The Tiger said...

Update!

Marion, rallied soon after and became talkative, animated. I believe he's still in the hospital. Keep him in your prayers.

C.T.