Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Quote of the day.

"If two people are to understand each other, it is not enough that they use the same words. The meanings of their words must also be the same. We must therefore, define what we mean when we say Jesus is the Son of God."

Peter Kreeft, Why I Believe Jesus Is The Son Of God. (Why I am a Christian, Leading Thinkers Explain Why They Believe; ed. Norman L. Geisler, Paul K. Hoffman; Baker Books, Grand Rapids, Michigan, 2003 pp.223)

When I attended Sewanee, among the Seminarians there were many different ways to define, "Jesus, The Son of God" although I think that the faculty was less divided. I observed over the years that the various definitions were allowed to take on their own lives among the students...and then travel with us out into the Episcoworld un checked. That was a mistake. Our Messiahs had different meanings...and it is meaning that changes lives or allows them to remain stagnant. I pray that that is no longer the case. However I am far from that mountain. So...you tell me. the Confessing Tiger

No comments: