An informal poll of School of Theology seminarians and their families yielded this list of experiences not to be missed at the University of the South:
1. Take a hike: Shake Rag Hollow in the spring to see the wildflowers, Morgan’s Steep at sunset, Piney Point and the trail beyond the equestrian barn.
2. Sit outside the Blue Chair: with your favorite cup of coffee or yogurt smoothie and a good muffin between morning prayer and class, or just reading class assignments.
3. Sit in the Chapel of the Apostles: watch the fog roll in or the rain as it sets in, attend Evening Prayer after a hard day in class, meditate on all of its beautiful surroundings.
4. Ride your bike: all around campus and take your kids, if you have any. Stop off at Green’s View and the Quad for a picnic lunch. Let your kids bike ride around “town” and be assured that they are safe. That’s the beauty of living at Sewanee!
5. Walk around town: on a beautiful day and listen to the bells ringing.
6. Visit and worship at St. Mary’s Convent: the reflection of the bread and wine in the windows is beautiful.
7. Do spiritual direction: with Pam Van Dyck, Doug Schwert, Julia Gatta, or Tom Ward.
8. Attend Lessons and Carols.
9. Watch sunset: at St. Mary’s or the Memorial Cross.10. Nature walk through Abbo’s Alley: especially in the spring.
10. Nature walk through Abbo’s Alley: especially in the spring.
The Confessing Tiger Additions to this list:
11: Try and find a job for your spouse.
12: Time your trips to any of the 3 Walmarts trying to find out which one is the closest!
13: Attend the Grundy County Fair!
14: Not gossip using email HAH I dare you!
15: Ask the police to show you Jerry Garcia's Bong. ( I swear, they have it)
16: Pray for the kids on the Bacchus bus.
17: Enjoy actual seasons (if you are from deeper South).
18: Tell everyone you're there because it is a more liberal seminary than the other choices allowed you.
19: Tell everyone you're there because it is a more conservative seminary than the other choices allowed you.
20: Meet your first Cumberland Presbyterian.
Got more? Send them in to : email@example.com