Sunday, May 28, 2006

R.I.P. The Right Reverend James West (REC)


A message from Bishop Skilton:

I received 2 calls this afternoon notifying of the death of the Rt. Rev. James West, Bishop of the Reformed Episcopal Church.
It is my understanding that he and his wife, Miriam, were preparing to go to a Sunday visitation and there was a massive heart attack. EMS personnel responded quickly, but they were not able to do anything. The West's were home when this occurred.

Bishop Skilton asks that the word be passed. Please pray for Bishop West’s wife Miriam and the rest of his family, as well as for the Reformed Episcopal Church.

Ann Harrington
SC-ACN Steering Committee


St. John xiv. 1.

JESUS said, Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also. And whither I go ye know, and the way ye know. Thomas saith unto him, Lord, we know not whither thou goest; and how can we know the way? Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

REMEMBER thy servant, O Lord, according to the favour which thou bearest unto thy people, and grant that, increasing in knowledge and love of thee, he may go from strength to strength, in the life of perfect service, in thy heavenly kingdom; through Jesus Christ our Lord, who liveth and reigneth with thee and the Holy Ghost ever, one God, world without end. Amen. BCP 1928

No comments: