Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Wednesday in Holy Week, 2006

O Lord God, whose blessed Son our Savior gave his back to
the smiters and hid not his face from shame: Grant us grace
to take joyfully the sufferings of the present time, in full
assurance of the glory that shall be revealed; through the same
thy Son Jesus Christ our Lord, who liveth and reigneth with
thee and the Holy Spirit, one God, for ever and ever. Amen.
(BCP 220)

John 13: 21-35

Thought for the day.

When am I Judas? When do I betray my savior? When do I follow Jesus’ “New Commandment”?

N.T. Wright says that Hebrew word for “Satan” means “Accuser”. When am I the accuser? When do I work against the kingdom coming? When do I cause others to do the same? When is this savior..THE savior…and not just the messiah of my own agenda and my own cause?

Grace and Peace to you in Christ

David+

No comments: