Monday, February 27, 2006

Ministry in a Small Parish

One of my biggest gripes about the SOT, U of the S, is that there is taught the notion that small churches can’t grow. Moreover, that growth in small churches is not a good thing. (Go ahead and challenge me on this one. At Sewanee, Cong. Development and Evangelism not "front burner" issues. As a matter of fact I remember hearing the statement, "Church growth is not important, a small church needs to stay small." Amazing.....but I digress...

Here is a link to some wonderful, anointed advice for those of ya’ll struggling in small parishes.


Ministry in a Smaller Community
by Canon Neal Michell

How does a church in a smaller community grow? One often hears that, in a small community (by which I mean having a population of 25,000 or less), most of the people who want to be Episcopalian probably already are.
Here is an email that I received from a priest in a smaller community who wants to grow his church but isn’t real sure how….. more

from www.missionchurch.org

No comments: